Video Remote InterpretingOur Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) services facilitate communication between Deaf/Hard of Hearing persons and Hearing persons instantly on a videophone.
Videophones work off of ethernet or wireless broadband internet signal. VRI Equipment stays on-site at your location.
Call the VRI ASL Request Line using a regular telephone 1-877-HAVE VRI (or 1-877-428-3874) Give VRI Operator your company’s videophone ID Number
The Video Interpreter (VI) will call your videophone. Place it in front of the Deaf person and begin the VRI session, it’s easy!
- Built in microphone enables communication between Hearing party and Video Interpreter (VI)
- Videophone’s camera allows Deaf person and VI to easily see each other
- VI translates to Hearing party via built in speakers
- Instant access to qualified and experienced sign language interpreters on demand, 24/7/365
- Trilingual, Spanish, and American sign language interpreters available
- Complete your business with the Deaf individual without rescheduling
- Save money compared with traditional onsite interpreting sessions